Thursday, December 18, 2008

This phone is freaking hot.

I've been looking for my next new phone for nearly a year. In September of 2007 I bought my first Iphone, and I really loved it. There was always one problem, it lacked a nice keyboard; I felt as though I couldn't blog, or do any real writing on it.

In search of the perfect device, I began burning through handsets, but nothing felt right. First I went back to my 8525 which was great and had the nicest keyboard of any phone ever and Windows Mobile 6 still felt fresh and infinitely hackable; unfortunately I left it in the back of a cab in Boston (that place pisses me off). Then just a few days later my Iphone took a swim in then toilet, it was replaced with another Iphone. Next up was a Glofiish M800 that never quite worked correctly, so I traded it in for a Blackberry Curve 8310. The Blackberry was a pretty decent peice of kit, but I balked at the cost of an expensive Blackberry plan; I still have it's but it sits unused on the shelf. After that I decided I would wait for the next hot new WinMo hotness to be released, and on the first morning it was released, I bought an HTC Fuze. After using the Iphone's web browser, and beautiful capacitive touch screen, the Fuze's crappy browser and resistive touch screen overwhelmed the positive attributes that the beautiful Fuze has going for it, so back it went.

That leads me to this weeks acquisition. Over the weekend I heard the siren call to me. I don't know where it came from, but I kept hearing in the back of my mind "Nokia". The only current model that seemed to meet my needs was the E71, so after work on Tuesday I ran by my favorite phone store and picked one up.

This thing is the hotness, it is gorgeous. I am slowly getting back into S60, which I haven't used for a couple of years, when I had an N70 (my last phone without a qwerty keyboard).

I can't wait to get to know this little beauty better, but my first impression is that I'm in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home