Sunday, April 22, 2007

Port Authority

I am taking an intercity (greyhound) bus for the first time in the US. One thing I have noticed is that even though New York City has shaken off most of the negative qualities that plagued it in the 70's and 80's, the Port Authority Bus Terminal is still the third or fourth skeeziest den of iniquity that I have ever been (after the Peep Land, some skanky nudie bar in Greensboro, and my apartment). There are the lowest class of people here. Worst among them are the adults who find sleeping on the floor a dignified way to spend an evening. I am not talking about homeless people here, just trashy human beings who don't believe in maintaining any semblance of their humanity if it means standing up for a half hour. They are the kind of people who shop at Wal-Mart. Fuck them for bringing the level of society down.
I am giving the Port Authority Bus station a new name, the Anus of New York, but even that seems too classy for this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home