Wednesday, May 30, 2007

That's what she said

"very good, but a little mechanical" was what the beautiful woman said to me in the elevator on our way down from where we had just finished. I took it as a compliment.
we had just left a marothon session of or english class. We were alone in the elevator and she said to me I think you're a good writer, very descriptive but a little mechanical in your style. I don't really know how to handle that kind of criticism, and what does "mechnical" mean anyway?
it was nice that she took the time to try and give me a compliment, and not the kind of insincere compliment you might give a stranger in an elevator, but a real compliment. She also said I was better as a character in class, which of course she is right. I enjoy writing and I so rarely get the opportunity outside of class to do it . But in the ebd it was just nice to get a compliment from a pretty lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home