Sunday, January 14, 2007

What's the point

I really enjoy writing this blog. It gives me power over the people I know, even people who don't read it. How's that you ask? Because anytime someone tells me something funny or embarrassing I just say "that's going on the blog" and I get people begging me not to post it. It's a really fun thing for me to have people begging not to write something. For one thing I spent my entire school years having people beg me to write, and now the tables are turned. It is delicious irony, and for another thing it is just fun to wield that threat over someone. But that ain't why I do it.
I write this blog for a plethora of reasons. One is that I think I have a rare perspective on life (I was going to say unique but I am sure there are others with a similar life view, even if I have never met them), for another thing having people to respond to my writing is an ego boost (and who couldn't use that), another reason is that I have time to do it (I realize I always had time but never realized it), I got a device that made me want to find new and innovative ways to use it. Those are all fine reasons, but the real reason. Is that I have always had a bit of a creative side but there was never a way I felt I could really express myself the way I wanted to. I couldn't draw or paint sculpt or act. I never really thought I could write either, but low and behold I started typing on my phone one day and haven't wanted to stop. Using novel spellings, punctuations and grammar I can open myself up the way I always wanted to but never could. Thank you to everyone who reads this, it is cathartic for me, and I hope you enjoy it.
Sent via wireless device from a lazy sunday afternoon

1 Comments:

At November 11, 2008 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home