Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Paradigm Shift

I told you about CES the other day, and it not disappointing so far, but there is another technology fair going on this week. Mac World started today. Mac World is like the CES of Apple Computers. I normally don't give a rat's ass about the snootiest jerks in the industry (Apple) but they announced something today that actually might be great. The IPHONE is coming. The IPHONE is the long speculated Ipod cellphone. Why is this great news? Because it may help people change the way they view mobile computing. I have been an outspoken proponent of the converged device i.e. A cellphone that can do many things besides make phone calls and send text messages. I no longer own an MP3 player, or a camera, because I have a phone that can do it all fairly well. It is really nice to have everything in one small package. I don't even travel with a laptop. In my mind this is clearly the way of the future, but the general public has been very slow to accept this idea despite the availability of great devices from companies like Nokia, Palm, Cingular, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, LG., and many many others. The reasons why are numerous but I won't get into that here. The Ipod is so ubiquitous that this new IPHONE is sure to be a monstrous hit and just like Apple paved the path for digital music players it can do it for converged devices. Let' hope the cellphone carriers don't screw it up like they have for so many other technologies. We are standing on the precipice of a new day. Apple can give everybody the shove we need to start our journey to a better, cooler, more connected future. I hope everyone is ready, and though I can't believe I am going to say this but, I wish Apple success in forging the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home