Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I think it would go like this

One of the many hypothetical conversations I regularly have goes:
Imaginary friend: I love reading your blog daily!
Micah P Cooper: oh, which blog is that?
Imaginary friend: you know, Captainmicahp In The City.
Micah P Cooper: Thank I enjoy writing it.
IF: You can really tell from the highly intelligent and difficult vocabulary, and playfully witty style.
MPC: well, I try to put out something the most erudite amongst us will enjoy.
IF: I have always wondered something and have wanted to ask you about it since I began reading your blog in May.
MPC: I would love to answer any questions, but I am afraid I cannot give away any trade secrets.
IF: Oh my! I better not ask then.
MPC: No. Please ask, if you touch on a sensitive subject I will just subtly redirect you onto a more appropriate topic. In fact due to my skill with small talk you probably won't even notice I have dodged you query.
IF: My, how droll!
MPC: quite.
IF: How in heavens name do you come up with so many amazing ideas for your blog posts. You really are remarkably clever and creative.
MPC: Thank you for asking such an intriguing and fundamentally important question, and doing in such flattering yet completely unexaggerated manner. You see kind gentlewoman, though I may seem above it, I have to think very hard to come up with my topics. It just speaks to my skill that they always feel like they are effortless to craft. It is comparable to michaelangelo's David, it may look effortless and fluid to the untrained eye but it took the sculptor a long time to achieve such perfection in marble. So it is with me and the blog.
IF: just as I had suspected humilty wrapped in genius. It is no wonder many people consider you the greatest writer since shakespeare. I have one other question if I may be bold enough to squander even more of you priceless time.
Mpc: dear woman, it would delight me to no end.
IF: would sign my boobs?
MPC: I try to oblige my fans.
So if anyone was wondering what goes through my mind just before I start writing, wonder no more.

Sent via wireless device from the more ridiculous, yet slightly seedier side of my imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home