Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The worst is behind me

This was one hell of a day. It started out fine, there was a little fog this morning that proved to be an excellent metaphor for how my day would go. As many of you know, I am involved in a love affair with my phone. It may sound strange or geeky to a lot of people but I just love this little device so much. There are guys who own old muscle cars, and nobody thinks that is too strange, well that is how I am with my cell phones. Just like men who are always tinkering under the hood of their old mustang. This afternoon I was monkeying around under the hood of my device. I installed an experimental operating system file on the phone, and the thing turned into a fancy paperweight. It was totally bricked. Well you can imagine how I felt, it was like a good friend had betrayed me. Well what was I going to do? I tried for hours to bring her back to life, but nothing was working I was distraught. Hour after hour was flying by, I was becoming anxious, I wanted to cry, but in the end I held it together.
The fog was burning off the day, I got a call my great friend, he called to tell me he was engaged to a really cool girl. Mazel Tov, it was party time. I put my busted (yet still amazing and awesome) phone aside slipped my sim card in a spare phone and off I went to the party. It was so much fun, there were snacks and booze, I particularly enjoyed the tequila and tiny wieners. After a while the party died down, and I was forced to face my sadness. The phone was still broken.
Woe is me, what shall I do? While I was at Yaakov's party, a wonderful man from the internet gave me an idea of how to fix my problem. It worked, after about another hour of working to set things up again she is purring like a kitten. Even better than before, what a relief.
I would Like to thank Mike, and Mrs. Abel for being good hosts (and giving me the leftover wieners) and Mazel Tov to Yaakov and his Kallah, Rivka. Don't you just love a happy ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home