Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Day 4: Surprises On The Street


There is a massive trend of hipsters dropping out of college buying a delivery van and selling food out the back. Of course since these are d-bag hipsters they cant just sell hot dogs and the savory grilled chicken that makes up the bulk of the street meat in New York City. No, these pretentious idiots instead have to sell cupcakes, and Belgian Waffles, or gourmet schnitzel. Just because I find the proprietors and workers of these trucks to be contemptable, so of them make some really good, if not unreasonably expensive food.

I was strolling near Union Square looking for something interesting to eat, and I came across one of these trucks. The Bistro Truck North African Inspired French street cuisine. It smelled nice, and the menu offered a few interesting choices, so I resigned myself to eat a little street meat. I ordered the Mixed Grill which consisted of Lamb, Beef, Chicken, and 1 Merguez Sausage (lamb and beef). Over all the quality of ingrediants was top notch, and the flavors were great. For food from a truck it was at the top of its game. The bad news is it cost $11, where the same food would cost $5 at a halal cart (though I concede it is not the same quality).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home