Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Inflexibility of age

As my youth quietly slips beneath the rising tide of years, I find myself becoming gripped by the stranglehold of inflexibility. As a younger man, I loved nothing more than to run off at a whim, leaving careful planning and forethought as crumpled heaps covered in a cloud of dust I sped away into the night.

Well times certainly have turned. While in years past I would gladly go out for the evening with only a starting point in mind, I now cower at the thought of an unplanned detour.

This evening is a perfect example. I had an usually busy day today. The frenetic pace was perhaps just maybe half a step ahead of what was mangable for me, so instead of feeling exhilirated, by the end of the day I was exhausted. The only thing on my mind was getting through the last few minutes of the day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home